To Ellen


This blog is made to the honor of my grandmother Ellen Elisabeth Thomsen who was a modern woman .
She was born in Randers in Denmark 1895 and died in Copenhagen 1976.
She had long salmon red hair down to her hips. It was braided and put up with lots of hairpins to make it look short.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Redheads dream



The summer is almost gone ,here on Bornholm in Denmark we 
were lucky with the weather. I have painted and had no Internet, Radio or Television.
It is amazing how many hours one can gain each day without this dream boxes!
Spend much time together with Maria Björklund,
 my sweet, inspiring and  talented Artist friend from Sweden.
We painted portraits of each other and  embroidered and sew ,
we discussed Art and cooked Turkish dishes.
And we started planning series of exhibitions  about our
oriental paintings and love for the Ottoman period.
 Using the fabulous  antique clothes we each
collected trough out  the years.
A fantastic summer that will bear many fruits.
But it has been a long time since my last posting.
My niece Anna slept in the house one night and I have started a painting of her.
Which also inspired to a new posting.
I have to be sure that I don't unintentionally copy some
 other artists sleeping beauty!

So here  comes a new amount of Redheads.

People with red hair also rest or sleep ,
but they are specially lovely lying there so calm with fire burning like crazy around their faces.
Look for yourself!




Juan Luna










Karoly Ferenczy









Angelica Kristenson Aurelius
A wonderful painting of my talented fellow student from the Academy time 
Angelica ,who herself was the most radiating beauty of a red haired woman that I have ever meat.
I follow her production with great admiration.







This artists name skipped my attention.










Louis Ritman











Edward Povey

A man a man!!!! My kingdom for a man!! So few of them are red haired in Art!







Karlovszky











Fernand Cormon









Robert  Bereny
















Toulouse De Lautrec








Edward Killingworth










William Merrit Chase








Paul Brown









Odalisque on Cigarette box










Viktor Gabriel Gilbert









Unknown to me.






Albert Joseph Moore








Arthur Hughes






Aaron Weizenfeld










Charles Sims









Federico Zandomeneghi









Frederik Carl Frieseke

Wonderful picture! her hair can weigh up all that turquoise color!


I'll add my new picture of Anna here when its ready.
Have a nice October!

No comments:

Post a Comment