To Ellen


This blog is made to the honor of my grandmother Ellen Elisabeth Thomsen who was a modern woman .
She was born in Randers in Denmark 1895 and died in Copenhagen 1976.
She had long salmon red hair down to her hips. It was braided and put up with lots of hairpins to make it look short.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Modern redheads here we come!




My mother always says can't you show something modern?
Well it is hard to find modern figurative artists.
So I went into the Internet hunting with this special mission to shoot  new 
and to me unknown modern painters who like red hair.

Here is what I found.
I started my hunting trip in Greece
Here I found a remarkably fine contemporary painter!
Take a look at this "Colorist" as we say in Danish 
when we want to say something is outstanding color wise.
An artist who turn colors into a gourmet experience.
I give you IRENE KANA
with some of her paintings of redheads.
Please look at her other wonderful motifs ,portraits landscapes, Seascapes etc

Portfolio to  Irene Kana



Irene Kana
Selfportrait







Irene Kana










Irene Kana









Irene Kana






Irene Kana







Irene Kana









Irene Kana







Irene Kana





In Germany I found another artist with a dark side ,I could only find one single painting 
in a very exiting sketch book/diary of hers that showed Red hair.
But she is so interesting that I was captured for hours looking at her sketches.
Take a look at Jenny Wildfang




Jenny Wildfang
Sketchbook

You will  find her sketch book at this
Link
 Jenny Wildfang



Well in Holland I found an interesting artist
named  Marieloes  Reek

Her paintings have another color harmony that is soft and sensual.



Marieloes Reek
The turquoise cap




Marieloes Reek


If You are interested in looking at her other works 
you will find a link to her works here





In Holland there is another interesting artist called Kenne Gregoire





Kenne Gregoire






Kenne Gregoire



Here you can see his other very interesting works




When we are in the Art of  figure painting that love characters
I traveled to England to find this outstanding portrait

Here is the link to




Stuart Pearson Wright




And my trip today ends with Serbia where a very interesting Artist
is found.

Vladimir Dunjik
His works reside in the same poetic mystic calm and monumental style that 
Andrey Remnev present. Where the eyes in the paintings are so dominant and 
dictate the feeling you move into.


link to Vladimir Dunjic


Vladimir Dunjik

Have a nice evening or day, where ever you are.
Pia

No comments:

Post a Comment